Give Back Local❤️
Posted on 23 May 2018
Here are some ways we are giving back local. We would love for you to join us this season.
- Volunteer. Did you know that there are many local non-profits in our community that would love your help. Places like The Amen House, The Gathering Place Mission, Quest Farm, and The Women's Shelter. Give them a call or stop by and we are sure they will give you a list of ways you can help this summer.
- Offer Your Skills. Are you handy? Give back by offering your neighbor, local church, or neighborhood a hand in mowing the grass, picking up trash, or trimming shrubs. Every little task helps.
- Donate to Charity. Every small dollar or item matters. Local charities are always in need of basic care items, canned foods, and monetary donations. You could even host a yard sale and donate a portion of your proceeds!
- Visit Your Community. Everyone likes a visitor especially one with a thankful heart. Take a trip to your local fire department, emergency room, or the nursing facility down the street. Take the time to get to know others and offer a sweet treat as a thank you or hello.
- Shop + Give. Come see us on Main Street and when you shop give a little too. We have a jar on our counter collecting donations for our local Women's Shelter. It is simple and easy, every penny counts!
Share with us how you are giving back this summer. We would love to highlight you in a future blog post.